Thursday, June 5, 2008

Downloadables: Save the Dates

Okay, just for you guys I'm trying out a new category: Downloadables. I'll be making documents, templates, etc. and uploading them to a site where you can download them! Free, of course. :)

The first one is a set of save-the-date postcards, which you can print on pre-perforated cardstock (find them at a local office supply store). Print the first page (room for an address, postage, and a note to your guests) on one side of the cardstock, and the other (picture and info) on the opposite side.

To use the form, fill out the text fields; there are 5 in all, including (from top to bottom), the bride's name, an "&" or "and" (whatever you type), the groom's name, the date of the wedding, and the url of your wedding site. It should look something like this:

Photobucket


Note where each text field is and play around with it until you get it right. I had to hide the text boxes so they don't print out the ugly borders, so it's not immediately obvious where they are. Eventually I may be able to make forms like this that also have spots for images of your choice -- for now I'll be putting my own little generic drawings. If you don't have the same fonts on your computer as I do, you may get something the computer "thinks" is similar. If that bothers you please let me know.

Download the form here and save it to your computer before you work on it. Please let me know if you have any issues or problems! I'll try my best to make these things as easy to use as possible. :)

No comments: